Hi Jeannie:

In the  beginning I blamed it on stress. I was working as a supervisor
under the gun on a daily basis (medical transcription - these reports
have a timeline that HAS to be met). The phone never stopped - I was
constantly trying to appease clients, my team, the owner, my coworkers
in management, every day I was ready to rip my hair out. On top of all
that - I was working out of my parent's home and helping care for my
father who was dying. My husband was living at home 2 hours away and I
only saw him on weekends. I watched my father suffer horribly in the
last days while I worked at least 10 hours a day. I would get calls at
all hours of the night if one of my employees was experiencing
problems on their shift, which I would have to fix. Stress? No wonder
I had a meltdown when I was diagnosed. It was the last freaking straw.
My diet was absolutely horrible as I would grab anything out of a
package that I did not have to prepare and would give me instant
energy (junk). Go, go, go - no time, no time. I drank tons of coffee
and Coke - caffeine was the only think that kept me going. Then I
would collapse on an air mattress in my parent's dining room for a few
hours sleep. It didn't seem so bad at the time - I just did it. Now,
my favorite word is "Freedom." I will always  be there for my family
but I will NEVER be enslaved by an employer again. I haven't worked
since February. My husband doesn't want me to go  back to work. Our
financial situation is a total mess,  but at least I feel "alive." You
are right. Stress kills.
Kelly