Hi Jeanie,
Thanks for writing.  I love your e-mail address, I am a Christian  also.  The
onc did not try a lower dosage as since having brain bleeds is  so serious,
he didn't want to risk it, and at the time I chose not to risk  it.  He wanted
me to go on sprycel but I refused.  Now after I test  again and see my numbers
I will decide after almost two years if I want to risk  it again.  Don't
really have much choice if the numbers are rising.   Tasigna sounds really
dangerous for me with my background, as I have high  cholesterol and I was
warned by
my doc that it causes fluid around the heart in  most patients.  My doctor
treats 200 patients a week who all have  CML.  He is at Moffitt Cancer Center
in
Tampa.  I figure he knows what  he is doing, but I chose to disobey him until
now.

Thanks again for writing.  This sign-up has been really helpful but
distressing about so few options with my particular problem.

Blessings,

Susan

Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved  children and live a life of
love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up  for us as a fragrant
offering and sacrifice to God. --Ephesians 5:1-2

In a message dated 3/14/2009 10:30:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,