Sandra, Been there done that. My side effects were so BAD Dr Susan
O'Brien @ MDAnderson took me off the gleevec. I'm on the trial drug
SKI-606. I went into remission in 9 days and it has much gentler on
the system. That wasn't the   reason I was writing to you, it was
because you said you were short of breath. I too was short of breath.
In the hospital twice for bilateral pneumonia and plural effusion on
oxygen 24/7. 6 doctors later,ended up I was having a reaction to the
Macrobid that I have been taking for a UTI with Proteus Miabilis. Once
I was off the Macrobid, I was able to stop the oxygen and my breathing
was back to normal. Irene McAloon. .