Sandy
The gleevec side effects were cyclic with me and never did leave me
completely. I had most of them and finally, after 5 years on gleevec,
I switched to Tasigna.,  Guess what?  The side effects came back, most
of them, but just not so intensly. I am of a belief that  our bodies
process the TKI inhibitors differently with each person = and it is
just what it is.  I think we can only treat the symptoms to the best
of our ability and we have to deal with it. I recently was diagnosed
with lichen  planus- a skin condition caused from drug treatments.
This is all up and down one of my legs, all through my scalp and I am
losing my hair. So my skin rash I had on both drugs has turned into
this.  It really does get frustrating. Every day we suffer with  the
side effects seems to remind me of my loss of health which seems to me
to be depressing!
I wish you the best.
Barb
Barb Stanley, age 58
DX 5-5-02
Hydroxurea 5/11/02 - 6/11/02
Gleevec 400 mg 6/11/02
CCR 8/1/02; MMR 12/10/02; PCRU 3/17/03
GLeevec break 2/15-5/1 2007 ( side effects)
Gleevec 300 mg 5/1 - 12/15  2007
Tasigna 800 mg 12/27/07 - 1/12/08 ( stopped, side effects)
Tasigna 400 mg  1/20 to present -
Continuing PCRU (with some side effects)