From: perk <perkuss...@msn.com>

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 11:27:04
To: CMLHope<CMLHope@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [CMLHope] Re: LOW ENERGY

I cleaned around my eyes with "No Tears" baby shampoo and it helped
the eye edema. I've been taking Gleevec for a year now and find living
with the minor inconveniences a much better alternative than dying
from CML. Even with the "green apple trots" (diarrhea), I just think
of all the constipated people who would be envious to be in my shoes
or on my throne. People in general, are tougher than they think they
are and can withstand a great deal of abuse. Even with the discomforts
Gleevec offers, it has allowed me to continue to work and enjoy life
and even hide my disease from co-workers and the public. Without
Gleevic, I don't think CML would have allowed me to live in this
manner and the discomforts would be much worse. I'll take every day I
can get, even if I have to occassionally "trot" to the bathroom.

Trotting in Texas
J.D.