Hi Mattias,

just what came to my mind right away...

>>a) Should the url for a document in different languages be the same or
>>different, ie  "document.html/sida.html" vs
>>"document.html?langID=1/document.html?langID=2"  I'm leaning
>>towards the
>>second alternative since it's easier to manage but I could be
>>wrong on this.

Wouldn't users rather expect the domainname to change ?
Like:

konradsson.fr
konradsson.de
konradsson.dk
etc.

Also not all search engines are able to crawl dynamic sites.

>>b) documents resides in a separate directory for each
>>language , but should
>>the filenames for the different pages be the same or
>>different? (my system
>>is built so that actual url of a page and documents are separated)

One thing to concider is your search-engine rankings. If you have "native"
document names, these are more likely to be found with search engines, given
that the document name is related to the content.<g>

HTH
Ingo
--
http://cms-list.org/