From: "Vap, David" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> It would be really nice if next generation CMS knew more about the actual
> content of the content and, that is exactly what is happening.  Next
> Generation CMS vendors are storing content directly in a native XML store.
> The benefits of this are numerous
>
> -easily change the metamodel representing the content via simple schema
> changes, reducing the cost of administering the system
> - search on the values of specific content tags, allowing for better
> searching and reuse of content
> - reduce development/maintenance costs associated with
> 1) transforming xml based content into relational formats
> 2) providing baseline content management services covered by
> WebDAV (available in most native XML databases)
> - ability to easily integrate content with other systems utilizing XML
> as the transport
> - easily transform content for different delivery devices via W3C
> standards such as XSLT

Well I certainly agree about storing content in XML but I'm little confused
about the point of this article starting out with talking about metadata and
ending
up with the storage about the actual content :) What are the conclusions
about metadata in relational versus in native xml. The problem with native
XML as I see
it  is that everything in my system is stored in sql server for
transactional and performance reason and sql server doesn't really provide
good support for in-server processing of xmldata, that said I'd really like
to store it purely in cms but I need to find a way around the performance
issues...

best regards
---
Mattias Konradsson