On 8/20/2020 1:39 PM, David Boyes wrote:
> Since there isn't an existing Pipe stage to deal with NAMES files,
> what would be the most efficient way to remove the entry for CLOWN
> using CMS Pipes?
30 years ago when I needed to parse an arbitrary NAMES file in a
pipeline (and boy was the one I was messing with then arbitrary),
I wound up using PATTERN because all the vagaries of comments, extra
blanks, extra words in the tag, naked colons, etc. got way too messy
using supported stages.  I kept that pattern but it turned out to be a
one-off that I don't seem to have used since, except for a repeat of the
same project the next year.

¬R