scem geyik wrote:

Hello,
I have a 14-year old software that I am trying to run on a new machine. The author of the software has written that he has tested it with cmucl 17e, but this can not be installed on a solaris 2.10 machine. Due to this I tried to install the closest possible version (18a) to the solaris 2.10 machine which I connect remotely and I don't have the administrator rights. I opened the zip files (solaris24.tgz and solaris24.extra.tgz) to my user directory --I did the necessary environment variable changes-- and set the CMUCLLIB to my user director (which is not /lib)but some_user_directory/lib and when I try to run lisp it says: can not find file: /usr/local/lib/cmucl/lib/lisp.core, it doesn't exisst what should I do for lisp to see lisp.core, I tried lisp -core lisp.core but this time it gave Segmentation Fault.

I would recommend using the latest Solaris snapshot. I know that until about a year or two ago, there were issues with running on Solaris 10. Something having to do with how memory is mapped. (Never found the actual cause, but a simple workaround was found.)

And if the latest snapshot doesn't work with your old software, we'll do what we can to help you make it work. But you'll also have to help because I don't have access to any Solaris 10 machine.

Ray