Hello,

I downloaded cmucl 19e for Solaris 10 and set the PATH variable to the
directory which I uncompressed the cmucl directories (not /usr/local or /opt as
I don't have administrator rights for the machine that I use remotely), when I
typed in "lisp" ,  I am getting the below error message

barbara 19e $ lispmmap: Not enough spaceensure_space: Failed to validate
268402688 bytes at 0x28000000

I also tried 19d (doing the same), in which case I got the error message:

barbara geyiks $ lisp
mmap: Not enough spacemmap: Not enough spacemmap: Not enough spaceSegmentation
Fault

What do you think might be the problem?

Thanks a lot ,> Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 16:09:49 -0400> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: [cmucl-help] Re:
Installing CMUCL on a remote machine> > scem geyik wrote:> > > > Hello,> > > >
> > I have a 14-year old software that I am trying to run on a new machine. The
author of the software has written that he has tested it with cmucl 17e, but
this can not be installed on a solaris 2.10 machine. Due to this I tried to
install the closest possible version (18a) to the solaris 2.10 machine which I
connect remotely and I don't have the administrator rights. I opened the zip
files (solaris24.tgz and solaris24.extra.tgz) to my user directory --I did the
necessary environment variable changes-- and set the CMUCLLIB to my user
director (which is not /lib)but some_user_directory/lib and when I try to run
lisp it says:> > > > can not find file: /usr/local/lib/cmucl/lib/lisp.core, it
doesn't exisst> > > > what should I do for l!
 isp to see lisp.core, I tried lisp -core lisp.core but this time it gave
Segmentation Fault.> > > > I would recommend using the latest Solaris snapshot.
I know that until > about a year or two ago, there were issues with running on
Solaris 10. > Something having to do with how memory is mapped. (Never found
the > actual cause, but a simple workaround was found.)> > And if the latest
snapshot doesn't work with your old software, we'll do > what we can to help
you make it work. But you'll also have to help > because I don't have access to
any Solaris 10 machine.> > Ray>
Watch “Cause Effect,” a show about real people making a real difference.  Learn
more.