Two key things with solar

1, Get an MPPT regulator - makes a huge difference in charging efficiency.

2. Get the panels in direct sunlight.  - even having a shadow the
thickness of the boom across a 4' long panel will take away about 60%
of the amps/watts you get out of it.  My mizzen boom sometimes casts a
small shadow on my 130W panel, and even in the Carib, it'll only put
out about 3 amps @12V,  then I drop the boom and it'll shoot up to
over 10.

Love my solar.  Wish I had more of it.

Cheers