This is NOT C&C related, but if you can't sail your boat, it will be:

Dear friends of Georgian Bay and Lake Huron,
      A recent report by the International Joint Commission (IJC) recently
announced a recommendation that the water level of Lake Huron/Georgian Bay be
allowed to decline by another 1½ metres without government intervention (for
our American friends, that's 5 feet!).
      Why do we care? Because the Great Lakes were formed by glacial melt in
the last Ice Age, and man has intervened. We have created global warming and we
dredged the St. Clair River to permit super tanker ships to reach the upper
Great Lakes. In fact, the channel was over-dredged and exposed a soft layer of
terrain which washed away further increasing the flow of water leaving the
upper Great Lakes. The flow of water leaving the lakes has been dramatically
accelerated! If allowed to continue, the lake levels will continue to drop.
      There is a solution: stone baffles could be installed at the bottom of
the St. Clair to return the depth of the St Clair River to that which was
intended for freighter traffic. The dollars required to do his are quite
manageable and are much less than the cost of allowing the situation to
continue.
      Please take a short moment to sign a new petition which implores the IJC
to do something about the problem. (See link below). If you care about the
ecological and economic devastation that will result from further drops in the
water level, send an e-mail to the IJC, ( link below), and please pass on the
links to everyone you know.
      Thanks for caring about the Bay

      Read more about it and sign it here:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Save_the_upper_Great_Lakes_water_levels_especially_Lake_Huron_and_Georgian_Bay/?launch

      To contact the IJC:
      e-mail - commiss...@ottawa.ijc.org
      Letter - 234 Laurier Ave W 22nd Floor, Ottawa ON, K1P 6K6
      Campaigns like this always start small, but they grow when people like us
get involved -- please take a second right now to help out by signing and
passing it on.

      To edit your petition at any time, click here:

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Save_the_upper_Great_Lakes_water_levels_especially_Lake_Huron_and_Georgian_Bay/edit/

      Let's make change,