From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Steve
Thomas
Sent: October 12, 2012 12:55 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Replacing Windows Type Request

Once again the topic of window replacement, and once again I am confused by
some of the posts.

Since there are two basic and distinct types of installation: aluminum
window frames, and glued-and-screwed directly to the fibreglass/gelcoat,
could we please adopt some sort of identifier when providing advice or
recommending products?

What is appropriate for one type of installation is not necessarily
appropriate or applicable to the other.

Perhaps the subject line could include the words "framed window" or
"frameless window" to indicate which is being discussed?

Mine are glued-and-screwed frameless windows, and they do leak. The screws
are like wood screws and won't stay tight. Think I may try Seal All on them.
3M UV4000 sticks very well to gelcoat, but not so much to Plexiglas. Tried
using it as a bead of caulk along the top edge, but it pulled away from the
Plexiglas after a couple of years.

Steve Thomas

C&C27 MKIII

Port Stanley, ON