are supoposed to be doing anyway.  The outboard track did have a very
positive effect on boat handling this Fall when the wind came up.  We
now have three tracks on each side .. 2 forward and one aft for the #2 &

Mike

________________________________

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of TARAS
IWANYCKI
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:58 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Keel mods vs Phrf Rating

I have a general question about boat dynamics and related phrf rating
I have been racing against a Frers33 this season, a first-time boat
owner with green crew, that cleaned up and won almost everything in all
conditions
Many of us are asking whether is handicap was correct.
The OD rating for the boat is 114 and the owner claimed this for the
season
This boat had it's keel depth shortened by 6-8 inches and added a bulb
to equal the lost keel weight.  From what I understand, if you add a
bulb to your keel, it will stiffen the boat's feel....correct? But...
1) What impact would cutting the keel down and adding a bulb to offset
the lost ballast do?  Would she be faster? slower?  Point higher? Lower?
2) This boat also has an additional genoa track closer to the rail.
Should this affect the handicap?
3) What is the official way of determining the correct handicap? Is
there an official body to address?

Thanks
Taras