Has anyone wired an ICOM VHF to a Garmin GPS for DSC.  I have the ICOM
M502.  It has a red and a black phono plug in the rear.  The user manual
says that one of these (doesn't designate which) is for the GPS
connection.  The Garmin has a five pin NMEA 0183  v2 plug in its rear.
There is no standard interface cable.
I'm figuring that two of the wires coming out of the back of the garmin
constitute the NMEA talker.  I plan to cut one of the phono plugs off the
ICOM to expose the wires and use solderless connectors to attach the
listener wires to the talker wires.  Problem is - which wires coming out of
the Garmin and which phono plug ton the ICOM to cut off?