I think you're right, Edd. When I was in Philly, we hauled out between
October 1st and 15th, and splashed starting after tax day. I have friends
from Maine who haul in September and splash for Memorial Day.

In North Carolina, we normally only haul every few years for a bottom job. A
typical haul out deal is haul, pressure wash, block, store for 2 weeks, and
launch for $x per foot. Longer term storage is month to month, with some
boats stored because it is less than slip rent, and some stored for long
term projects. The yard I use charges $7.50/ft for 1 2 week haul, and $6/ft
for monthly storage.

Now we do have a sort of a "Haul out season" here, but it is July to
November. Lots of boats come north from the Caribbean  and points on the
East Coast in order to get above N36 degrees for hurricane season. I presume
there is a market for Hurricane Season haul outs further south as well.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC