From: dwight veinot <dwightvei...@hfx.eastlink.ca>
To: cnc-list <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Sat, Feb 9, 2013 9:06 am
Subject: Re: Stus-List Main Reefing System

I usually have only the first of 2 reefinglines rigged on my 35 MKII.  In my
case the tack adjustment line is fixed toan eye strap on the forward port side
of the mast about 4 inches below the boomand lead from there up through the
reefing cringle in the sail port side andthen down the mast on starboard side
through  another eye strap mountedforward on the mast about 4 inches below the
boom and from there to a block ondeck and then to a clutch and winch on the
deck just beside the companionway. When not used for reefing that line serves
as a higher than normal Cunninghamwhich is always ready to adjust from the
cockpit.

The leech reefing line is fixed to port sideof boom forward far enough so that
it pulls down and aft on the first leech reefcringle in the sail and from there
up through the cringle and then down thestarboard side to a turning block on
the boom and from there forward along theoutside of the boom through 2 eye
straps to a block and then, down to the deck throughanother block and back to
the cockpit through a deck mounted turning block to aclutch and deck mounted
winch.

The halyard is marked as Dennisdescribed.  So I can do it all from the cockpit
but I need to use 3separate control lines and since I do not have a solid vang
I need to becareful about the boom dropping in the cockpit when I release the
main sail halyard.

It’s a fairly easy arrangement to useand I particularly like using the “high”
Cunningham when not usingthat line for reefing.

There are so many possible ways to “skinthis cat” I guess each of us has to
find out what works best for us. As for me, I favour being able to do the whole
reefing operation in a systematicfashion while sailing alone and clipped on
within the security of the cockpit.

Dwight Veinot
C&C 35 MKII, Alianna
Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS