Ron,

Welcome!  I also have a 35/3.  I'm in Annapolis.  I took the advice of
others on the list and drilled a hole in the bow fittings and attached a
shackle.  I have a snatch block that attaches to the tack and runs back to
the cockpit.  I can take pictures or show you my boat if you are close by.
 I'm trying to decide between a sock and furler.  The cheapest socks are
from North Sails Direct - not the local North lot.  They run about $350.

Joel
35/3
The Office
Annapolis