Joe,

I'd seriously consider rewiring and replacing the antenna and cable.  My
recollection is that C&C used non-marine wire in the mast.  I put in a
Ray/TackTick wireless wind instrument.  Works great, but it requires an
interface device to talk to the chartplotter and autopilot.
Joel
35/3
The Office
Annapolis