To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:32 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List Mast is down - what to do?

I had my 1977 mast down last winter and rebuilt it.

If it's a 1975 I'd check the top sheaves. Especially if your going all rope.

I got new custom sheaves made here (Port Townsend):
http://www.zephyrwerks.com/
$38 a sheave!

I also took the opportunity to fit a spinnaker crane while it was down - my mast didn't have one.
Got one from:
http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/SparParts/MH_Spinnaker_bails.html

All new standing rigging - I bought the boat in 2002 but it could have been 1977 vintage for all I know.

Replaced all the halyards with high tech stuff from Annapolis Performance Sailing:
http://www.apsltd.com/
Jib halyard - Yale PhD
Main halyard - FSE-Robline (2:1 with a Wichard MX halyard shackle)

Spinnaker halyard - Yale MaxiBraid Plus

Also rebuilt my ProFurl furler with new plastic bearings in the foils up the forestay.

Hopefully it will now outlive me!
sam
C&C 26  Liquorice
Ghost Lake  Alberta