Don't be spring loaded to changing the halyard sheaves.  I changed out the
old wire-to-rope to all rope on my '84 29-2 and the sheaves were just
fine.  You ought to take a hard look at the angle the new lines will exit
the mast in relation to the headstay though as the clearance might be very
tight.  I had to add on 2 halyard restrainers to the mast to ensure good
exit angles for both jib halyards.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:18 PM, Joel Aronson <joel.aron...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Also, on a 30 foot boat you don't need expensive high-tech line.  With the
> sail up your mail halyard is probably only 40-45 feet long if it runs to
> the cabin top.  I've got 7/16 VPC on my 35.
> Joel
> 35/3
>

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:49 PM, Andrew Burton
> <a.burton.sai...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> You'll probably have to change out the halyard sheaves as the wire will
>> have chewed up the old ones, which won't work well for the new rope
>> halyards.
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM, Joe at Zialater <j...@zialater.com>wrote:
>>
>>> The mast on my '75 30 MK1 is out of the boat while I rebuild the mast
>>> step.
>>>

>>> So I plan to replace those nasty old wire halyards with some high tech
>>> stuff.  I will also replace the bulb in my tri-color mast head light
>>> with an
>>> LCD.  I would like to get a wind instrument as well,  but I have not
>>> found
>>> one that fits my lowwwww budget.  I guess I can live with looking up at
>>> the
>>> windex - but it can be a pain in the neck - hahaha.
>>>
>>> Any other suggestions on stuff to do while the stick is out?  I can just
>>> imagine putting the mast back up and then smacking myself in the forehead
>>> for missing some upgrade or maintenance opportunity.
>>>
>>> Joe
>>> 1975 30 MK1