On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM, Dr. Mark Bodnar <drbod...@accesswave.ca>wrote:

...that would be getting too big for me to solo and maintain.  Likely not
that much different, but I have to admit part of me is scared of the jump,
the 24 is so easy to handle and maintain, I'm worried I'm biting off a lot
more effort rather than more sailing!

There is more maintenance, that's for sure; sails cost more, etc. But I
wouldn't be too worried about going from the 24 to even a 35. You'll find
the boats share many of the same characteristics and after a brief, steep
learning curve you'll be tossing whatever boat you get around docks like
you've never been on another. That's one of the nice things about c&C
designs; they are very sweet boats to handle. With a bigger boat, you just
have to anticipate maneuvers a little more and allow extra time to complete
them.

That being said, I hope you find the 30 you're looking at is the boat of
your dreams. Aren't they one of the prettiest boats on the water?

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

--