Let me jump in here.  What's the best way to scuff the sole and do it well in
prep for 3 coats of <best stuff whatever>? 220 grit with a random orbital
sander is what I typically do for household application or furniture
refinishing.  Good?  I assume a flexible product like a sanding sponge for the
corners and grooves and avoid steel wool?

I don't want to use a chemical stripper.

Are any water borne polys in the mix?  I generally don't like the lack of depth
in the appearance of the final product but might go that way for ease of
application and periodic reapplication if it would hold up.

Thoughts appreciated.

Ron and Lisa
1986 35/3
To be renamed