From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Stevan
Plavsa
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:34 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Disconnecting Shrouds

I need to put those plastic tubes over my turnbuckles and the stick is up.
I'm pretty sure I can do this but need confirmation/guidance from the list.

What's the safest way to go about this? My boat has one set of outer shrouds
and one set of inner. I'll be putting the covers on the outer shroud
turnbuckles only.

Should I use a halyard as backup?

I figure loosen tension on outer shrouds evenly. Put tension on halyard
(fixed to toe rail) and release that side's shroud. Put cover on, loosely
re-attach turnbuckle and do over again on the other side. Once done tension
the shrouds properly. Is this right?

I've got a brand new genoa and I'de like to protect it best I can.

Thanks

Steve

Suhana, C&C 32

Toronto