best way to protect the sail is to take the d@mn thing off

________________________________

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of
Indigo
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:30 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Disconnecting Shrouds / protecting sails

I got tired of wrapping my turnbuckles each spring with rigging tape, so
made a set of wrap-pins (see
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catal
ogId=10001&storeId=11151&productId=312993&langId=-1#.UZO2mkq63fA for
commercially available ones.  Makes the job of untensioning /
re-tensioning the rig so easy and fast. All it took was a roll of
double-sided velco, some cotter pins snipped to the right length, some
whipping twine, and a few minutes to sew the pin to the velco.

Jonathan

Indigo - Southport CT