From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of
dre...@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:45 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Wilcox-Crittenden (now Thetford) HeadMate head

Hi,

I have battled the same problem of water not coming in through the intake.
This tends to happen when the head has not been used for some time.  The
problem turns out to be a stuck inlet flap valve.  This flap is just behind
the 6 screw plastic water inlet housing cover.   Most times, I can just tap
the cover with the back of a screw driver and it will start working.    If
that does not work, one can take the inlet hose off of the cover and insert
a screwdriver into the cover inlet to free the flap(make sure the lever is
down).  At this point you could spray or add some type of lubricant.  Don
Casey suggest to monthly flush the head pump with vinegar and then a dose of
mineral oil.  I have also read silicone spray or grease works well for
marine heads too.

-
Paul E.
1979 C&C 29 Mk1