Actually, my suggestion was to get only the bracket and clip the rope vang to
it.

Yeah, a Garhauer rigid vang would be the absolute bomb!

As for the pad eye, look at an investment cast one like a Schaefer 78-98.
Locate it as far down the mast as possible.  Drill and tap into the back
Forward flat part) of the sail track.  Install with flat head machine screws.
Attach the rope vang and go sailing.

I have a similar install on Touche' for an outhaul turning block and have done
same on other boats.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

>________________________________

I did - and Guido at Garhauer had me send the profile of the mast and boom and
they made pads to fit both. Six or eight screws for each. I drilled and tapped
the mast and boom and screwed the pads in - done!

>We have a boomkicker on the J-80 I race on and I am not
thrilled. It does the job but seems to be more difficult to modulate how much
tension you have. Just my opinion.

>Gary
>30-1

  hinged vang bracket near the bottom of your mast.  Garhauer makes these
  for their rigid boom vangs and will custom make one to fit your mast.
  Their pricing is fairly reasonable.

>>Dennis C.
>>Touche' 35-1
>>Mandeville, LA
>>

>>>________________________________

there.

>>>I’m  also concerned that if the boom vang can bend that mast-step side
>>>plate,  what’s it going to do to a side-loaded bail and/or the vertical
>>>mast-step  bracket?
>>>
>>>So  ... perhaps a mast tang / hound?  (much as I hate drilling holes in the
>>>mast ... but multiple holes would spread the load).  I have read  somewhere
>>>that part of the side of the standard C&C mast section is  thicker which
>>>helps with this sort of thing? Can anyone verify? Sorry,  didn’t measure the
>>>mast width. There’s also the sail track there that would  complicate a tang
>>>/ hound installation.
>>>
>>>By  the way, the previous owner also bent the heck out of the through-bolt
>>>on  the boom bail. I’ve replaced that with a new SS bolt
>>>
>>>Thanks!

>>>This
    List is provided by the C&C Photo Album
>>>http://www.cncphotoalbum.com