>From the Sail Canada website at:
http://www.sailing.ca/racing/offshore_racing_and_regulations/offshore_sail_numbers/

Offshore Sail Numbers

Sail numbers are required for boat identification while racing and are
useful for safety purposes. Sailboat owners must apply to the CYA for a
sail number unless the boat is affiliated with a CYA member class
association that issues its own sail numbers.

Offshore sail numbers may be obtained by applying to the CYA. *BC and
Alberta residents may contact BC Sailing to purchase their number.*

NEW Changes effective January 1st, 2008

*New pricing structure:*

*$50 - Change to ownership &/or boat particulars* for boats with a CYA
issued sail number

*$125 - Sequential sail number*

*$200 - Personalized sail number *(out of sequence). *NOTE: some numbers
are reserved as Collector numbers - see list below.*

*$500 - Collector sail number -* CYA has created a list of select collector
numbers - Click here for the list of Collector
numbers.<http://www.sailing.ca/files/racing/sailnumbers/collectorsailnumbers.pdf>

*Purchasing a sail number*
Complete the Offshore Sail Number Application
form<http://www.sailing.ca/images/uploads/Offshore%20SAIL-NUM_FRM%20revised%202011%2005%2003.pdf>
and
return it to the CYA. *Residents of BC and Alberta may contact BC Sailing
to purchase their number.*