From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Ken
Heaton
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:26 AM
Cc: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Sail Numbers

The charge is the same in the USA (unless you are a member of US Sailing,
then the cost is only $100.00).

"RE: Sail Numbers

This is an application for a US Sailing sail number. It is a five digit
number that we issue in sequence. There is a charge of $100 to members of US
Sailing and $125 to non-members. If you would like to proceed, and fax back
the following information, or mail it back with a check, we would than
forward a confirmation letter with the sail number assignment. If an email
address is provided the sail number assignment will be sent there.:

http://offshore.ussailing.org/Sail_Numbers.htm

Sail Canada (and US Sailing I assume) are more non-profit and volunteer than
for-profit.  They need to raise money somehow to operate and so support and
lobby for the sailing community.

Ken H.