Chuck,

Here is some video from a regatta a couple weeks ago. It was blowing 15-20
with gusts to 25. We were light on crew so we raced non-spinnaker.

If you watch during the upwind leg, you will see when a puff hits and the
main trimmer doesn't ease fast enough, the boat will heel, then try to go
head to wind as main is over powering the boat and the rudder can't hold
the bow down.

You will also see an horrible example of barging at the start of the race.
I should have protested, but I needed to go home right after the last
race...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI9Isckn090&feature=share&list=UU4frUYOc9Q9-mWgjneirYCw