Ditto.  I have sailed my 35-1 from Louisiana to Florida singlehanded more than
once.  Trim the headsail on the secondaries because they are within reach of
the helm.  End boom sheeting with traveler just forward of the helm makes
trimming main easy.  Use the wheelpilot to help out.  All controls are run to
the cockpit.

The way a boat is rigged and whether it has an autosteerer has much more to do
with the ease of single/short handed sailing than the length of the boat.  If I
had a 50 footer rigged the same as Touche', I wouldn't be concerned with
sailing it singlehanded.

Docking a 50 footer is a whole different matter.  :)

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:52 PM, Joe Della Barba <j...@dellabarba.com>