Here's another vote for keeping the halyards and reef lines, etc. at the mast.
I singlehanded Peregrine a lot and have no problems operating the boat with
that set up. I think a lot of people try to operate the boat singlehanded the
way she would be sailed by a full crew. That's not necessary. I casually walk
forward and aft, taking my time with all maneuvers. It seems to work out
alright. And I am very happy keeping excess lines out of the cockpit. Like
Antoine, I just have the sheets for the main and jib and the jib furling line
to interfere with lounging.

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine