I'll cover that Raritan recommendation. We lived aboard a couple o' years (with a pre-ten) and had no head issues beyond a leaky pump seal. The seal replacement was an easy job done with toilet in place, no pump removal.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1

At 11:56 AM 23/10/2013, you wrote:
Hi Tim,

Well after months reading on this topic, I've read and re-read posts on forums from Peggie Hall "the head queen" (nice right?!). She is the author of a definitive book called "Get Rid of Boat Odors" and her 2 top choices in Heads are the Lavac, which works on a vacuum created by closing the lid, and the Raritan PH-II The raritan PHc is the same bowl and pump but sits on a smaller pedestal. She goes on to say that if you are mostly on the boat with the same crew the Lavac is best.. She says it takes some learning to use properly and that may be problematic if you have changing crew or day sailing guests. She said in that regard the PH-II/ PHC is the best choice. At least that is how I interpreted all that I've read. Very simple design and works best and more reliably that any other head.

So, we sail with guest maybe 40% of the time and I decided the Raritan was the way to go.

Danny

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Tim Goodyear <timg...@gmail.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List New Head and holding tank system.
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 07:09:26 -0400

Danny, what are the reasons you are going with the Raritan PHC (there are many options out there)? I am done with replacing the pump annually on the Wilcox Crittenden / Thetford Headmate head in Mojito and was looking at a replacement. Now, if only the pumps were interchangeable between models...
Thanks,
Tim