  From: j...@svpaws.net
  To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:35 PM
  Subject: Re: Stus-List New Head and holding tank system.

  Ah.... Are you sure about the lectrasan?  You seem to be implying that their
use is legal in a no discharge zone?

  John

  Sent from my iPad

  On Oct 23, 2013, at 4:27 PM, "Rick Brass" <rickbr...@earthlink.net> wrote:

    Did an offshore passage in a boat with a composting head, and heartily
recommend the concept. The only downside I found to the installation I
experienced was the need to climb up onto the head – this one was pretty tall.

    I removed the holding tank on my 38 a few years ago and installed in its
place a Lectra-San, a 9 gallon tank, and a group 24 deep cycle battery to power
the Lectra-San and the windlass. In the past 4 years or so I’ve never had to
worry about a pumpout or overboard discharge – though I have had to explain to
a couple of Coasties and USCG Auxilliary folks what “No Discharge” means and
the CG rules for a type I MSD.

    Rick Brass