Gary:

If I saw the video correctly, from the force images, etc., the surface areas
of the hull at speed are only about a quarter of the whole hull and on the
rear quarter where he has a big rudder on each side.  If the surface area of
the hull approximates a much smaller hull shape, like a dinghy, then the
rudder should be enough to hold leeway to a controllable amount.....

It's the lift that our keels provide and I'm not sure he doesn't have some
step or other shape in the hull under the water that might do the same
thing.....

I'm ready to fill out a APHRF handicap sheet and send it in just to shake it
up a bit.....

So now check out the web site for Formula-marine.com and scroll down to
their Omer One Sail.... There is an article in the British journal of
Yachting Monthly , October 2013 issue that tests this "Wing Sail " out on an
Elan 37..... They have a short video with some dramatic views of this rig
set up.  Lots of good stuff going on out there......

http://www.formulamarine.com/projects-2/projects-carbon/omer-wing-sail   The
rest of their web sdite is also very interesting.....

Best,

Ron C.

  _____