Congrats.sounds like you guys got all there was out of the old sails and I
bet the new ones do look much prettier.patching is definitely not the way to
go on a regular basis

  _____

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Hoyt,
Mike
Sent: December 3, 2013 9:44 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Old Sails Suck

Dwight

We won our class in Chester this year.  We also sailed a lot faster with the
new #1 than the old one.  In past years if we had breeze and could justify
the #3 we did that at earliest possible minute and did much better in winds
15+ than in lighter wind.  The old #1 we hated - we could never get it right
because the draft was molded too far aft.  We had to always run the jib
halyard extremely tight just to get teh draft anywhere near where we wanted
- also had to have forestay tension much higher than otherwise would be the
case for same reason.  The new #1 is just really really nice and a pleasure
to trim.  I have not heard Andrew swear at it once this year compared to the
usual "I hate this sail" at least once during a race with the old one.  Mind
you the old one was likely a bit blown out.

The main just looks pretty.  It is very nice not to have to spend 40 minutes
taping holes prior to a regatta or a major race,  Despite that the old main
still worked reasonably well but was still not as nice as the new one -
because again it had lost some of its shape.

Koob is in fact a pretty fast hull.  Fun boat

Mike

crew Koobalibra C&C115 59115

  _____