Might be wise to double-nut the mounting studs.  I've had them come loose on mine.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

From: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2013 9:53 PM
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 37+ engine mounts

Jake,
Thanks, it was difficult.  I tried a scissor jack but couldn't turn the handle because of interferences.  So I did a lot of pushing, pulling and lifting while my wife tried to un-wedge the old and re-wedge the new.  The whole time we were both a little fearful of a trip to the ER for a smashed finger.  The second most difficult part was un-engineering what the PO had done to install his mounts.  It is always easier when you can see the way the manufacturer intended it to be originally.
The engine runs smoother now especially at low rpm.  While doing the job I found the forward starboard mounting bracket on the engine to be loose.  Closer inspection revealed that one of the bolts had been broken and the remaining one was loose.  I attempted to extract the broken bolt but the interferences prevented a good angle.  I decided that a new lock washer on the remaining bolt and increased attention was going to have to suffice for now.
Much like the Vetus, the Yanmar mounts are supposed to be really good for absorbing vibrations.  Hutch at PYI refered to them as "marshmallow mounts" because they are so soft and absorbing.  In some applications, as they get older, they can flex so much that under heavy forward thrust a dripless shaft seal will leak.  It happened to me during the sea trial of S/V Blue Pearl.  We actually cancelled the sea trial because of the surveyor's concerns over the leak.  Yanmar also advises that you chain or wire the mount around the middle so that there is no chance of the engine coming loose in the event that the rubber separates.  I bought a Yanmar mount prior to deciding on the PYI's.  It was nice to have it as a referance while doing the job.  It turns out that (unlike the Vetus mounts) the PYI mounts are designed to be drop in replacements for the Yanmar ones.  Same size and same stud and hole placement.
So now that I have touted the PYI mounts it does seem that I have a single Yanmar mount that I have no use for.  I think I paid ~$100 from torson marine.  It is still in the original packaging.  If someone could use it please let me know.
Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk