Hello friends; I am happy to let you know that I have just received delivery of
my fourth (yes 4th!), C&C; a 1985 37; centerboard model.  We had many issues
getting it trucked in from Newburyport, MA; mostly weather related, but some
delays due to the trucking company.

It is in pretty good shape, however, because we're in this deep freeze I wont
be able to make a really good assessment of what needs to be done until it
warms up a bit.   I will have a million questions then!

A C&C is a novelty here on the Ohio River; the only ones anyone around here
have seen have been those which we have brought in; first we brought a 1982 25
from Austin Texas; then a 1985 29-2 from Cleveland; then a 1987 33-2 from
Jacksonville, Fl, and now the 37;  the 29 went to Tennessee, but the 25 is
still here; and of course the 33-2 is up for sale-I am what the realtors call a
"motivated seller"!;

The local guys asked me why I stayed with the C&C; I thought about it;
originally I bought the 25 without knowing anything about C&C's other than a
general reputation for being quality boats; after I had the boat  a while, I
was impressed by the workmanship on the 25 so when I wanted to move up, I
looked at the 29s; then when we wanted something bigger, I went for the sailing
ability of the 33-2; now, I figure I have enough research knowledge (mostly
through the collective wisdom of this group) and hands-on experience that I
couldn't go wrong in staying in the C&C line.  The truth is, I looked at other
brands and simple kept coming back to the  C&C; as someone said in the recent
thread about taxes; the C&Cs are the best bang for your buck and they sail
better than anything else out there.

Many thanks,

Richard
1985 37; Ohio River, Mile 584;