Ken,
Tip, for the jack line I used climbing straps with plenty of breaking strength
and good elasticity too. Flat straps won't roll under the feet.
Better to use the windward side to hook yourself. Consider an extra pair from
the cockpit to the mast. In heavy weather, out at sea, most of the trips are
between the cockpit and the mast. Using again the windward side, the farther I
would go if falling are the lifelines.
Antoine (C&C 30, Cousin)