I do a 42 kt mile solo race on lake huron and run the lines over the jib sheets
and inside the shrouds so I can get by the head sail easily

Sent from Samsung tablet

-------- Original message --------
From: Robert Abbott <robertabb...@eastlink.ca>
Date: 01-04-2014  2:23 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Tethers

Haven't used a jackline and tether recently but when we did we would run a
flat, nylon jackline fore and aft outside the shrouds......no unhooking at the
mast, or anywhere along the way.....moving up and down the deck, all
conditions, high or windward side, involved crouching while moving and holding
the tether pulled taunt in one hand, the other hand moving on the top life
line.....simple, effective and safe.

Don't get into the habit of unhooking and hooking at the mast....no need
to....might do it if I was wearing two(2) tethers to stay hooked on at all
times but why bother.  Unhooked at the mast, in big wind, at night, with a wet
deck.....nope, I will crawl up and down the deck holding on as best I can.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.