Agree Stu. Sounds like time for a donation too. Cheers

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Stu
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:50 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Homebrew autopilot...let them talk

Time for me to chime in.

This list was originally set up to discuss topics related to C&C Yachts.
But our boats are not unique.  Products, materials, skills, how-to's, etc.
are common to a great number of boats.  Because of that, many subscribers to
this list are NOT C&C owners and their expertise is invaluable.

We could say the past emails regarding homebrew autopilots is sailing
related - true but not something over 500 members are interested in.  Since
the start, there have been over 20 emails on the subject and just over a
dozen people replying.  Interest is low and maybe should be moved to another
site where the topic has more interest.  Do a Google search and you will
find other sites discussing the same topic with considerably more interest.

After some discussion, it appears some people are upset and are showing it
in their emails.  Bashing other people, hijacking threads, etc. will not be
tolerated and you might end up with a couple weeks of banning from the list.

Remember too, those 20+ emails meant our server processed over 10,000 emails
and only 12-15 were read.

As of Jan 1st, the cost for this list has doubled in price.  Why, popularity
resulting in higher processing needed, all our emails are archived and more
space is needed.

Let's get back to generalized sailing topics that our subscribers are
interested in.

Stu