As most of you know, there is a Forum on the C&C Photo Album site.  This might
be the place to put the autohelm topic.

I can easily set up a new category and and the topic.

Stu

From: David
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:43 PM
To: CNC CNC
Subject: Re: Stus-List homebrew autopilot

I am all in for an alternative/parallel communication link that takes
important, albeit focused, limited topics sidelined from from the e-mail trail.
  Worth an annual fee for me.

Where do I sign up.

David F. Risch
1981 40-2
(401) 419-4650 (cell)

From: efran...@mac.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 19:47:32 -0500
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com

This was precisely my concern.  I have learned so many useful things on this
list-serve that I have no interest in causing a problem (case in point,
separating the prop shaft from the transmission coupler - would never have
figured out how to do this on my own), and my own sense is that the folks
interested in this new topic should interact in a different way. Not that all
the listings are very interesting to me - discussions of racing handicaps and
the like are boring to me, but certainly highly relevant to a significant group
of the listers.  So I just skip over them.  But building DIY autopilots or
autonomous model sailboats is quite different.

So let me look into what it takes to set up a very simple site where the
interested folks can interact without using this list.  Please allow me a
couple of more posts to stay in touch with people who are potentially
interested about this while I set it up, but then we will move it.

Thanks,

Eric