From: Pete Shelquist [mailto:pete.shelqu...@comcast.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:38 PM
To: 'cnc-list@cnc-list.com'
Subject: RE: Stus-List structural question

Yea, Nature of the Beast is what I was thinking too.

Like Dave, I'm also considering the amount of "repair" and what a potential
buyer would interpret as an issue.

With regard to the "in or out of the water" conversation this has spread to,
my reference is in the water and the rig tuned.  However, I will admit I set
the rig pretty tight.  Interestingly, I haven't seen issues with the
backstay cranked on, but I'll keep a eye on it.  Also, there are J hooks at
the mast for deck support.

I'll be at the boat in a couple weeks and see how it's looking.   Right now
I'm entertaining a couple options once the boat has settled;  Either add or
beef up the existing tabbing or see if I can tell where flexing is taking
place and add angle iron or other metal backing to support/stiffen the area.

Let me know if there are any other ideas...