I once took a Swan 651 to weather in 12 foot seas. It wasn't comfortable,
either. I think you'd need a pretty big boat...
Usually, if I have 12 foot seas on the nose (and I'm not racing), I'm hove
to, relaxing and waiting for the wind to shift, while I have a cuppa tea
under the dodger, watching the scenery roll by. Life at sea doesn't have to
be an overly (physically) strenuous endeavor.

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

--