When I did my CYA basic heaving to was one of the first things we learned,
then we learned to reef the main while hove to. No flapping. Not saying
it's the right way, just the way I was taught. When I was learning I took
everything the instructor said as gospel. I'm still learning and now,
mostly off of this list :)

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto