What I refer to is a woven strap through the cringle with a ss ring attached
on each side so it can't be removed without cutting the strap

  _____

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Charles
Nelson
Sent: February 6, 2014 10:01 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Re- heaving to

Are the "dog bones" referred to metal loops connected by a strap that are
"threaded" through a cringle on the luff of the main?

I have not heard that term used before.

Charlie Nelson

Water Phantom

36 XL/kcb

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 6, 2014, at 7:01 PM, "Rick Brass" <rickbr...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Dwight;

I get that you use a reef tack cringle like a Cunningham to tension the luff
of the sail. My main has "dog bones" for both the 1st and 2nd reef that go
over reef hooks on the gooseneck.

What do you do about the outhaul for the reef cringle on the leach of the
sail? And don't you need to put reef lines through cringles in the sail and
tied around the boom to gather up and control the foot of the sail? Seems
the sail would be pretty baggy with the foot loose to billow out, when the
point in reefing is to keep the sail tight and flat.

Rick Brass