From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Josh
Muckley
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2014 3:01 PM
To: C&C List
Subject: Re: Stus-List Hot water heater

Tom,

What exactly died?  Unless the tank has rusted through, most of the parts
are replaceable.  Heating element, thermostat, anode, and T&P valve
(pressure relief).  I just finished rebuilding mine and feel quite confident
that it will last considerably longer for only about $100 in repair parts.
That's pretty good considering they are upwards of $1200 new.  Follow the
link for some pictures.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8pEh5lnvP1ydEpoMU1MWmx6Qms/edit

If you still decide to replace the heater I may be interested in aquiring it
from you.  You might also check out the review that Practical Sailor did
recently.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+