I like 42

sam :-)
  Original Message
From: M Bod
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:49 AM
To: C&C list
Reply To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Boat names

I've been saving several of the messages on how to remove old boat names.
Planning on re-naming my CS30 this spring.  Current name is Sea Fever - which
is not bad, but does not speak to me personally.

But I'm still not totally committed that I have the right need name.
Like Steven I have had a running list of names that piqued my interest. I'm
hoping to find something short, meaningful, unique and a bit witty. Love some
of the names I see from this list (Oxygen, The Office, etc) - but I don't want
to steal a unique name.

My current favourite is Cracked - I am a chiropractor after all, plus I've been
told multiple times that my views on the world can be twisted. Also relates
back to the fact I was (and maybe still am a bit) concerned about the small
cracks in the bilge ribs.

Other front runners
- 42 (The meaning of life, the universe, and everything - maybe too obscure)
- Vita Brevis (Life is Short in Latin)
- Therapy
- Exit Strategy

I could also use Bigger Picture (after my current Big Picture Mirage 24)

I was tempted to go with 'Handbasket' - as in 'Where are we going..... And how
are we going to get there' - but don't want the negative implications it
carries.

Any brilliant and witty thoughts (or critiques) welcome

Mark