Spring. Interesting concept. Got 8 - 10" of snow last night. getting another 1"
now.
A bit of freezing rain in between.  Tomorrow morning is forecast at -15C. Monday
night is -18C. We are making ice, not melting it.

List is very similar. I have been doing one major project a year. This year
started with
removing the pedestal, guards, instrument pods, wiring and the pulley plate (
under
the cockpit sole ). Weather permitting I was also going to pull the throttle
and gearshift
cables, cut the sole and check the balsa core. Weather is not permitting.

The Edson painting guide that suggests the Perfection two part paint, and a
fair bit of
prep product, ended up pricing out as an expensive venture. Also the various
health
cautions and warnings looked serious. So I stripped the pedestal, guard and
throttle /
gear shift plates and took them to Byers Bush for powder coating. The job looks
reasonable for the $200 they charged. Turnaround is about 4 days.

I assume the wheels steering was a factory option, though that is a guess. I am
not
impressed by the installation of it now that I have disassembled it. On one of
the
Edson aluminum bolts that hold the pedestal down ( 1/2-13 x 4 ) a steel nut was
used.
Not stainless steel, regular steel. One of the bolts had completed corroded
inside the
sole. None of the holes through the sole had been waterproofed ( drilled
oversize
and filled with resin or epoxy ), and all are wet. The large plate that holds
the steering
pulleys had rusted, so I wanted to remove it. I guess the added piece of marine
plywood
fiberglassed in as a reinforcement did not come out flat, so someone added a
"glop"
of some resin / filler / epoxy to level the plate off. Took wood and crowbars
to free it.

Had the plate sandblasted and then used POR-15 on it. Great product.

Prop shaft, cutlass bearing, stuffing box, transmission plate are off.

Rebuilt the corrector on the Danforth Constellation compass. Couldn't get it
corrected.
Found the adjusting magnets had decayed and positioning grommets broken. No
parts
available from Danforth, though the new owners in the US did offer to look at
it.

Lots of other projects could proceed, just need it to stop snowing and warm up.
We launch in about 34 days.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

PS - was at a Raymarine presentation today. The OS on the new A - C  - E series
MFD is Linux.