I plugged my drain hole on purpose, I don't want all that good cold water
to go away. Also, the under sink mounted pump looked dubious and I think
the hose even separated from the drain hole at the bottom of the cooler.

Put your ice bags into containers. No more water at the bottom of the
cooler. IIRC we used the upper plastic bin that's part of the cooler. When
the ice melts we just take the bin out and pour the water down the drain
(when we get new ice, of course). Bottom of the cooler is nice and dry (and
cold).

That drain hose is hidden on my 32 as well. I considered putting an
inspection port inside the cabinet under the sink (where the drain hose
goes) but thought that plan A above was the better move. I used an oil
drain bolt from a honda outboard, it fit perfectly (I had it laying
around). I'm sure any number of things would work to plug the hole. It's an
easy way out.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto